Presentation Skills Training
A skills programme by Tremendis Learning
Practice Makes Perfect
Practice Makes (Almost) Perfect
Creating a successful speech takes time. It involves developing a clear purpose, analyzing your audience, creating a structure for your talk, and bringing it to life with interesting information. Once you have prepared the talk, put the key points on a few note cards.
The eight secrets of successful speaking
- Define the purpose of your presentation before doing anything else.
- Spend plenty of time preparing your talk so it will be effective.
- Hook the attention of your listeners early in a speech so they will listen to the rest of it.
- Tell the audience why you're speaking to them at the beginning, the middle, and the end of your talk.
- Overcome stage fright by making it work for you.
- Use stories and anecdotes to bring your talk to life.
- Evaluate each talk you give so you can constantly improve your skills.
- Never stop practicing. Then rehearse it several times.
This will enable you to become comfortable with the talk and improve your delivery. Preparation and practice will make you a better speaker.
In summary . . .
Although public speaking can be intimidating, keep in mind that the people in the audience want you to succeed.
+27 (0)11 084 6000
Presentation Skills Training is a service offered by Tremendis Learning CC (2006/019194/23). Copyright Protected 2016, All rights reserved. Designed by Monre J Botes.